- Highlights of Tanzania
- Timeless Migration
- Tanzania Safariscapes
- Tanzania Classic
- Tanzania’s Wild Side
- Totally Tanzania
- Tanzania 101 - Culture, Kilimanjaro, Safari
2021/2022 US $1,730 $1,480 $1,370 $1,295
per person, double occupancy (single supplement US $180)
Listed prices are for guidance only. Since every SENE safari is custom-designed and dependent on several factors, the only exact price will be that of your final personalized quote.
• Day inside the Ngorongoro Crater, “Africa’s Eden.”
• Overnight in a permanent tented camp on a high ridge above the Tarangire river where elephant and buffalo come to drink.
Your first destination is beautiful Lake Manyara National Park, famous for its tree-climbing lions and soda lake full of hippo and tinted pink with huge flocks of flamingos. As you approach the park, the Rift Valley Escarpment looms on the horizon, forming a spectacular backdrop. In the park’s varied environments you can easily observe at close range giraffe, elephant, zebra, buffalo, baboons, and more. Picnic lunch in the park. As the sun sets, ascend the escarpment to your overnight accommodations in the Ngorongoro Highlands.
Overnight: Tloma Lodge
Drive time to Lake Manyara: 2 – 4 hours
Drive time to Ngorongoro Highlands: 30 minutes
Day 2: Ngorongoro Crater / Tarangire National Park
In the morning enter the Ngorongoro Conservation Area for a day game drive in its famed crater filled with abundant and diverse wildlife. The descent into the Ngorongoro Crater, 2,500 feet below the rim, is an unforgettable experience, as it is the best location for viewing the rare black rhino and to observe huge old bull elephants who come here to “retire.” Picnic lunch in the crater.
In the late afternoon depart for Tarangire and a sunset game drive to your tented lodge inside the park.
Overnight: Tarangire Safari Lodge
Drive time to Tarangire: 1.5 hours
Picturesque Tarangire National Park is studded with magnificent baobab trees and split by the Tarangire River, the only permanent water source within the huge park. Observe the numerous herds of elephant resident in the park, as well as impala, gazelle, zebra, wildebeest, warthog, baboon, buffalo, and lion. Unlimited game drives throughout the park until your afternoon return to Arusha Town for a final relaxing dinner before transferring to the Kilimanjaro International Airport.
Drive time to Arusha: 2 hours
- Private safari for your group.
- All activities, meals, accommodations, and transfers as indicated.
- Services of a professional English-speaking guide trained in East African wildlife and ecology.
- Park fees and unlimited mileage on game drives in fully-equipped 4WD safari vehicle with pop-top.
- Purified drinking water in vehicle.