Bring lightweight, breathable clothing. Daytime attire should be light and comfortable; traditional “safari clothing” is fine but not required. For the evening at lodges and tented camps we suggest casual evening wear with a light jacket or sweater. Long sleeves and long trousers in light-colored fabrics help prevent insect bites. Include items to protect against the harsh tropical sun. Pack clothes in plastic bags as safari roads can be dusty.
Please refer to our Safari Packing List below. This list is not comprehensive but includes items we suggest along with clothes and toiletries you would normally pack (underwear, toothpaste, etc.). Adjust the number of items according to the length of your trip.
Don’t forget your camera for those once-in-a-lifetime shots and binoculars for seeing the magnificent wildlife, birds, and even the flora in close-up detail!
Clothing and Equipment.
• Sturdy shorts.
• Cotton pants.
• Long and short sleeved shirts.
• Light sweater and/or jacket.
• Hat with brim.
• Comfortable walking shoes or sneakers.
• Sunglasses that block UV rays.
• Swimsuit (if staying in a lodge with a pool).
• Small container of liquid laundry detergent for hand laundry.
• Headlamp (and spare batteries).
• Camera (and spare batteries and/or car charging cord).
Personal First Aid Supplies.
Consult with your physician as necessary.
• Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher).
• Lip balm with sunscreen.
• Hand wipes or hand sanitizer.
• Insect repellant.
• Hydrocortisone cream for itching (check for sun sensitivity).
• Aspirin, ibuprofen, or Tylenol. Ibuprofen is also an anti-inflammatory.
• Moisturizing cream.
• Band Aids.
• Topical antibiotic.
• Antibiotic, such as Cipro.
• Pepto-Bismol tablets for stomach problems.
• Feminine protection.
• Contact lens wearers also bring a pair of glasses for back-up.
For Standard Camping Safari only (not needed if staying at lodges or tented camps).
On a camping safari we provide camping equipment including tents, sleeping bags/blankets, sleeping mattresses, tables and chairs. Hammocks are provided on some safaris. We also provide all cooking equipment. All of SENE’s equipment is less than 2 years old and has been highly rated by many of our past clients.
• Sleeping bag rated to 40° F (5° C) (rental available for $30).
• Small quick-drying towel and washcloth.
• Sandals or flip-flops (for showers).