- What health and safety precautions does SENE takes?
- What is SENE Kilimanjaro route advice?
- What environmental ethics does SENE practice?
- Tipping Guidelines
- What equipment and clothing will I need for the climb?
- When is the best time of year to climb Kilimanjaro?
We observe the strict environmental principles of Leave No Trace®, the Colorado (USA) based center for outdoor ethics, of which SENE is a member. On all our climbs we carry portable privacy toilets with biodegradable Cleanwaste® bags. This allows us to pack out all our waste and means our clients do not have to use the public outhouses at the mountain camps.
Please do not leave any trash on the mountain. We have reusable canvas trash bags for disposing of all non-biodegradable waste; look for it at camp or ask your guide, who carries one. In fact, you will see our guides and porters picking up trash left behind by less considerate climbers and carrying it to be dumped at the collection spots at the base of the mountain.