The following are the terms and conditions established for all Kilimanjaro climbs, safaris, and other adventure trips provided by Summit Expeditions & Nomadic Experience, Ltd. (Tanzania), (SENE).
- Accommodations in rooms or tents as indicated in each itinerary; meals as indicated in each itinerary; arrival and departure ground transfers and all other land transport except when personal changes outside of the group itinerary are made; flights within East Africa as indicated in each itinerary; entrance fees to national parks/game reserves and other applicable fees.
- For Kilimanjaro and other mountain climbs/hikes: Services of licensed professional English speaking guides, trained cooks, and sufficient crew for carrying client luggage, food, and camping equipment; filtered and purified water.
- For safaris: Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide; trained cook (for camping safaris); 4-wheel drive vehicle, equipped for game viewing and touring (pop-up roof for viewing and protection from the sun); domestic bottled water.
- Costs of passports and visas; excess baggage charges; travel insurance; international airfare; airport departure taxes; sightseeing, game drives or meals not listed in each itinerary; personal expenses such as beverages (other than those included with meals, as noted in each itinerary), laundry, communication charges, medical or extra evacuation fees, and gratuities.
- Additional transportation, accommodations, and meals necessitated and incurred by a client unable to continue a planned itinerary due to illness, health, or other factors not otherwise impacting the whole expedition.
- See detailed itineraries for specific inclusions and exclusions pertaining to particular trips.
- Reservations and Payment Schedule:
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person is required at the time of booking. Final payment of the remaining balance is due 90 days prior to trip departure.
- If a reservation is made within 90 days of departure, the entire price of the trip must be paid at the time of booking. If a reservation is initiated within 30 days of trip departure, a non-refundable rush booking fee of $75 per person per booking is charged.
SENE accepts payment in U.S. dollars using the following methods:
Check made out to Summit Expeditions & Nomadic Experience and sent to the SENE U.S. office.
Wire Transfer using the following information:
Bank of America
100 33rd Street West
New York, NY 10001
SWIFT Code: BOFAUS3N
ABA Routing Number: 026009593
Account Name: Summit Expeditions & Nomadic Experience
Account Number: 383006871468
Cancellations and Refunds:
For all trip cancellations received more than 90 days prior to departure the $500 deposit is forfeited. For cancellations 40-89 days prior the fee is 20% of the total trip price; 15-39 days prior, 50% of total trip price; 14 days prior or less, 100% of total trip price.
If you feel there is a chance that you may need to cancel a trip, we recommend that you consider trip cancellation insurance. Due to the nature of the government fees and operators’ permits, SENE must adhere to a strict refund policy.
There will not be any refund to a client who cancels a trip that is in progress. Refunds are not made for any missed trip services unless verifiable extenuating circumstances exist. For verifiable claims to be considered, they must be received in writing within 45 days of the termination of the trip and accompanied by supporting documentation verifying the claim.
Alterations to Trips:
SENE reserves the right to alter or modify the itinerary of any trip if air schedule or surface transportation charges, security matters and/or events beyond its control make such alterations necessary.
Alterations to Prices:
Prices shown on itineraries are based on tariffs, exchange rates, and airfares in effect at the time of booking. SENE reserves the right to alter trip prices should inflation, cost of fuel, labor or materials, exchange rates, or airfares change. If, after this agreement is made, the Tanzania National Parks Authority (TANAPA) raises park fees, or any hotel, lodge, camp, or other service provider raises their rates, SENE reserves the right to require additional payment.
Persons not fit for a rigorous trip due to heart disease, chronic illness, physical handicap, advanced pregnancy, or mental illness are advised not to participate in an adventure expedition.
SENE is an agent providing trip services and/or related travel services and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for injury, personal illness, loss or damage to person or property in connection with any service resulting directly from: act of God; detention; annoyance; delays; expenses arising from quarantine; strikes; thefts; pilferage; force majeure; failure of any means of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled; civil disturbances; terrorism; government restrictions or regulations; and discrepancies or changes in hotel services over which it has no control.Furthermore, each of the companies providing services to SENE clients is an independent corporation with its own management and is not subject to the control of SENE.
Where SENE acts as an agent for the transport, accommodation and services of another company supplying a trip, SENE may not be held liable for non-performance of any such supplier.
Baggage and personal effects are at owners risk throughout the trip. SENE will take every care with clients’ baggage and property, but is not liable for loss, damage or delayed delivery.
SENE reserves the right to cancel any itinerary or any part of it, or to make such alterations to the itinerary when deemed advisable for the comfort and safety of clients.