The Lemosho route is a beautiful route with gentle ascents approaching the mountain from the west. We pass through the Lemosho Glades and traverse the Shira Plateau, providing stunning views of Kibo, Kilimanjaro’s main peak. We will then proceed in a counter-clockwise direction below the southern face of the mountain, climb Lava Tower for magnificent 360 degree vistas, ascend the Great Barranco Wall, a challenging and exhilarating scramble, and approach Uhuru Summit from Barafu and the ridge that abuts the South East Valley. This approach provides incredible views of Mawenzi, Kilimanjaro’s remnant volcanic cone.
The Lemosho route itinerary includes two nights before the climb at SENE’s exclusive Mbahe Village Farm Cottages for rest, cultural immersion and climb preparation, and, after a hearty celebration lunch with the whole team on private SENE land near the exit gate to say goodbye to the mountain crew, the trip leaders will bring you to the one night after in Moshi Town at AMEG Lodge where you can relax, have dinner, and enjoy its spacious garden and swimming pool.
Download a Detailed Itinerary (PDF)
Mbahe Village Farm Cottages.
||Village cultural walk and conditioning hike. Rest; climb preparation
Mbahe Village Farm Cottages.
Londorossi Gate (6,890’) to Big Tree Camp (8,700’).
||Big Tree Camp (8,700’) to Shira 1 Camp (11,420’).
||Shira 1 Camp (11,420’) to Shira 2 Camp (12,750’).
||Shira 2 Camp (12,750’) to Lava Tower Camp (15,230’).
||Lava Tower Camp (15,230’) to Karanga Valley Camp (13,250’).
||Karanga Valley Camp (13,250’) to Barafu Camp (15,360’).
||Barafu Camp (15,360’) to Uhuru Peak (19,340’)
to Millennium Camp (12,530’).
||Millennium Camp (12,530’) to Mweka Gate (5,380’).
AMEG Lodge, Moshi Town.
The Lemosho Route
Per Person, Double Occupancy (Single Supplement US$425)
- All accommodations and meals for 11 days / 10 nights
- Services of trip leader, climbing guides, and mountain crew
- Kilimanjaro National Park entrance, camping, and rescue fees
- All camping and dining equipment (excluding sleeping bag and pad)
- Bottled water at Mbahe; filtered water (by Katadyn Expedition system®) on climb
- Portable private toilet with bio-degradable waste system (Cleanwaste®) at all camps
- Gamow bag (portable hyperbaric chamber) and supplemental oxygen
- Transfers to/from Kilimanjaro International Airport and to/from park entrance/exit gates
- Coffee, teas, cocoa, milk, juices
- Guided Mbahe Village walking tour
- Guided Moshi town walking tour
Does Not Include
Tips and gratuities to leaders, guides, crew, or other staff; additional accommodations and meals made necessary by airline schedule changes, inability to complete the climb, or other factors; pre‐trip expenses such as immunizations, travel insurance, passports, and visas; international airfare; airport departure taxes; and any expenses of a personal nature such as souvenirs and laundry.
Contact us to discuss the dates you would like to climb, or see the calendar below for a list of confirmed Lemosho climbs. Join a confirmed group or start a new climb group (2 persons minimum required to start a new group unless paying for a solo supplement). Private climbs can also be scheduled.
Photo Credits: Alan Walker, Dan Logen, Sandy McFerran, Seth Phillips-Olson & Tim Leinbach